Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wow, what a little peace and quiet can do.

I have gotten so much accomplished in the last few days, it’s not funny. I now have a sanctuary to go to work in (Cinderella work, that is) and it’s been incredibly beneficial. The biggest problem at home is not my roomie, it’s the insanity of the neighborhood we live in. It’s just not quiet. It’s always noisy and our new neighbors just are annoying. So all that outside noise intrudes on the normal, every day living noises within the apartment and makes me bug-nuts. As I’ve said, I can always ask my roomie for some quiet but the rest of the world is not so responsive.

I sat down in the quiet place today around 3PM to just read through the script as many revisions have been going on in the last two weeks as I’ve worked with Suzanne and Vanessa on character, arc, things like that. The work has been really good but I wanted to read through and make sure all the logic was there and that their changes didn’t affect too many other things.

Basically, once I got started, I effected a page one rewrite of the entire script. I thought I would make minor changes as I went. Nope. Rewrote entire scenes. Hopefully for the better.

I got up and stretched and got some water around 7:15 and thought, oh, I’ll write for another half hour and then stop. I’ve only had two and a half hours of sleep and I’m starting to feel it so I’ll wrap up soon. 8:50 I stopped because I had finished everything. Almost six straight hours of writing. I almost ran my Ipod Nano out of music. My legs were numb and my brain was fried but, wow, did I feel good. I think the rewrite is really strong. Suzanne and Vanessa have been so important in helping me find the weak spots in their arcs, which affects everything else. I changed a batch of thing based on budget and location issues. And some of it was just due to the changes in the sisters’ relationship which triggers changes in their relationships with others.

Then I went to a party for a friend of mine who is a lovely man and is technical director at the Falcon Theater. Didn’t want to go, very, very tired but he’s a lovely guy and so I thought I’d stop in. Turns out I found a new DP (since my last one hasn’t returned any emails or calls) who is a chick and very cool. Sold a couple of CD’s so I made $20 for the film. Yee-ha.

All in all, the past few days have been so incredibly productive and full and I’m pooped and should go to bed but my head is still full of stuff. Drugs, I think. Although I have to get up early and work for my new boss.

My arms are tired from all the juggling. But I’m sleepily fulfilled and endlessly grateful for my sanctuary.

No comments: