Friday, April 07, 2006

A season

I thought you were more than a season
but I guess that was all
you were meant to be.

Now I have to go about
letting that go
moving past the misdirection
and leave that piece of me behind,
letting go of you and all that goes with you.
Find another source for the joy, the laughter
and the song.

Part of you is a lifetime
in my lifetime
and I know another season will come
but it won’t be like this one.

I am grateful for the season with you
because it made me feel again,
made me grow,
made me see myself
through your eyes
as I wanted to be seen.

I’m not sure how to do this
and I don’t want to damage the roots
that are there.
But I’ll be back in a while
to see what you’ve grown
while I’ve been gone.
And then we can go back
to where the roots began with us
and start again
from where we left off.

No comments: