I’m breathless with anticipation. It’s been such a hectic week, trying to get everything done and make sure there’s a crew and a location and rehearsing and everything that I had lost sight of what we were doing. Last night, it really hit me. I get to make a movie today. My movie. My pet project. You’ll pardon me if you find me teary-eyed behind the camera today because I guess I didn’t really think that this would happen.
There are still a ton of obstacles – mostly financial. Don’t know if we’re going to raise enough money to actually finish the shoot. That’s the biggest obstacle. But I’m trying to not think that far ahead. The universe has provided so far, it’ll provide the rest.
I am overwhelmed with the talent and support around me on this project. My co-producers, Paul Wagar and my fav collaborator, Chairman. Their unwavering belief in me just continues to amaze me. I couldn’t tackle this project without that belief. My incredible cast – Vanessa, Suzanne, A.J., Dean, Lindsay, Joshua, Donna, Ana, Michelle, and Chairman. Your input and thoughts and, Vanessa, impossibly challenging questions, all made this script so much better than it ever was and I cannot wait to work with all of you. You make my job so much easier.
My crew, who are all contributing their time because they believe in me and they believe in this project. Their enthusiasm has kept me going and their presence on the set is going to make such an incredible contribution.
The bands that contributed their music will forever be my favorite musicians. I am required to promote the CD because it’s what I do. But I have to tell you, the music that these talented artists gave me make it easy to be passionate about it. Their music is all in my Ipod Nano and on my favorite playlists. They are gifted, beautiful, feisty women all and I love them for their talent.
Friends and family, to those who have contributed, you are the backbone of this project. Every $20 contributions, every CD you buy, every call, every email, every little bit of support for this project keeps it on its feet. For those of you who haven’t contributed, what can I say? I know money is tight. I hope your thoughts and wishes are with us, even if your checkbook isn’t. Don’t forget, we shoot through the beginning of May, so if you can’t send $20 now, maybe in two weeks, you can find a few bucks. Or buy a CD for a friend. Without all of those little contributions, there would be no “Cinderella.”
And my parents. There are no words.
And my sister, Cindy, who flew all the way down here from Minneapolis to share this weekend with me. That’s the most precious thing of all.
Now, I must wipe away the happy tears, finish packing up my production bag and run the 1,000 errands that must be run before we shoot. Check out the official website later for a production diary I hope to post tonight. Don’t forget http://www.cinderelladrivesapickup.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment