The shoot was amazing. You can read about that on the Life On Its Side blog. Great time, great friends, great talent. The footage is going to be really good. I can’t wait to start editing, probably in the next day or two. Couldn’t have been a better way to spend my birthday. The party Saturday night was great. I loved the cake(s) – especially the kiddy cake with the pick-up truck from my favorite collaborator.
I was so exhausted today that getting up was a challenge. I’m still pretty wiped out, although I’m gonna go have dinner with Zadra and chat about life. Here’s the aftermath of shooting in my apartment –

Not pretty. There’s a floor in there somewhere! Gotta clean it up but I think tomorrow is the day for cleaning and laundry. All outta Supergirl underwear.
It was amazing to have my sister on the set while we shot the film basically about our lives. There were moments that were almost too intense for me. The last moment of the argument that we shot on Sunday brought tears to my eyes. It’s a fight I’ve had with my sister, words we’ve said and not said. I almost had to walk off for a second, the immediacy of the moment and intimacy of the script was so immediate. It’s such a credit to my actors that they brought that moment to its beautiful climax.
I am sorry we have to stop for almost two weeks. We’ll have one day this week maybe and then not another until the 22nd. Too long! Oh, well, it’ll give me time to find some more money. There’s things I have to sell. It’s not gonna be enough but it’ll be something. I have to trust that the universe will provide as it has so far.
On the other end, I may have hurt someone I love very much in the process of trying to do the right thing and trying to protect myself. I hope we’ll come back to a good place. I’m not sure. There’s a blog there but not one that anyone will ever see. Some things are too personal and too private to put up here. Hard to believe, I know, but there it is.