I’m moving.
In 17 days.
Like anything else in my life, change comes with challenge.
Some of you already know about this so feel free to skip or skim until you find something more interesting further down.
My neighbor, Angela, apparently is an ambassador of some sort. We’ve waved hello and nodded politely at each in the walkways. The other day, she needed quarters to finish drying her laundry and I gave her the required amount and told her not to worry about giving me a dollar, give the four quarters to someone else who was stranded by the dryer. Later that day, I was chatting with my other neighbor, Stephanie, and saying that I thought I was about ready to start looking for my own place, maybe find something over the summer. I asked if she heard of anything, would she let me know. Boy, did she. The next afternoon, I’m off to meet Marie Rose for coffee and Stephanie stops me and tells me I MUST talk to Angela. She’s heading out of town for months and wants someone to basically live in her apartment while she is gone so she can keep the apartment and have somewhere to land for a couple of weeks when she returns. Then she’ll be off again in a few weeks, to return again some time later. It’s a two bedroom apartment. She’ll store her stuff in one bedroom, the person would basically have the rest of the apartment to themselves, to do with as they pleace. I talk to Angela, she thinks I’m great because I gave her four quarters in the laundry room and, suddenly, I am moving as of July 1st. Great. Perfect. Tiffany’s out of town but she was getting back the next day (yesterday) and that will give her a month and a half to find someone, give me some time to put the money together, etc.
Oh, then there’s the monkey wrench.
Angela knocks on my door last night around 6PM. By the way, decided she’s gonna leave on June 1st instead of the end of June and if I want the apartment, I need to get her the June rent and security deposit before she leaves. She was very nice and even offered to find someone to sublet for the summer and let me take over in September. But, you know me, I love a challenge. And I really want this place. So I now have to figure out how to come up with $675 x 2 for June rent and deposit, and $250 to cover half of June, as I have to give Tiffany 30 days notice so she can find another roomie. Of course, my parents are more than willing to help out but I’d like to not use the Bank of Parents again so soon after they helped me with Cinderella.
So, I guess I’m emptying my storage unit, selling whatever I can out of that. I may have a yard sale, if I can find someone with a yard I can borrow. I’ll probably start up with doing open air markets with my jewelry and my collaged notebooks again as soon as possible because that can be very quick money. Although I have to buy the books to decorate and clay to make jewelry and leather to string it and…. auuuuugggh!
But, in the end, hopefully, June 1st, I’ll be in essentially my own place. Funny what happens when you put things out to the universe. It answers, although sometimes not quite the way you expected.
And Tiffany now needs a roommate for either June 1st or 15th. If you need a place or know someone who does, email me and I’ll put you in touch with her. The apartment is beautiful. She’s done a lovely job with painting and decorating it. And Tiff’s a great gal, crazy fun kinda gal. So let me know if you’re interested.
Meanwhile, I hope to have a house-warming/Cinderella wrap party once I get settled in my new digs and before the 48 Hour Film Project at the end of June.
1 comment:
If you want a yard, not Christie Minden.
No traffic.
-Erik
Post a Comment