Memories of 2005 (in no particular order)
- First read through of "Lloyd's Prayer" with a full cast – perfection anticipated!
- Opening night of "Lloyd's Prayer" – perfection fulfilled.
- Carlos sitting in my dining room, playing my guitar, chatting, just being
- Anytime Zadra has sung
- Vertigo Road at Genghis Cohen
- The Piper Downs at Viper Room
- dancing at The Beach club in Vegas with Chairman
- one particular performance of Afterplay where Chairman brought me to tears
- "Fetish Number From Nowhere" every single time I saw it
- Zadra on absinthe
- first night I sang not so sucky at Koji's
- discovering Mikee was a Muppet at Bigfoot one night
- AJ singing Harry Connick to me
- every moment of making "Dark Guitar"
- soda fountain on Hollywood Blvd. with Shelley and Chairman and Chairman's green shirt
- Chairman's performance as Lloyd
- sitting on the couch with Tiffany, talking about men (whole lot of these)
- Tiffany with her dogs outside my room, letting them meet Twyla
- AJ and Drew and whiskey shots at The Roost
- Alison Kraus and Union Station in concert
- the Slamdance reading
- Halloween night with Chairman and then Bigfoot
- dinner last week with Peter, Peter's mother and Chairman
- first time seeing the Snakehandlers at Molly Malone's
- late night conversations at the Ark with Shelley
- one particular late, late night dinner with Chairman at Norm's
- coffee at The Alcove with AJ
- Tracy & Dick's wedding
- USC One Act Festival
- Zadra’s therapy camp
…and so many more that I cannot even begin to put down into to words. Most memorable thing: the love and friendship I have discovered over the past six months.
So instead of doing one of those silly yet compelling questionnaires about 2005, write your own list of memories, good and bad, and see what you discover.
Here’s to even more wonderful memories in 2006!
1 comment:
Okay.
Here's the sad thing.
I'm not on this list.
So for 2006, I must find a way to be on your memory list. When I come in March, we get a day together. A full day. Alone. or not. That's up to you.
2006 is the year I take back my life.
I can't have another year like 2005. I won't make it.
If I don't have a comeback in 2006, I'm not sure there will be anything left of me.
Happy for you, sad for me.
Sister of the midlife crisis.
Post a Comment