God, Buddha and any other benevolent creature that is listening:
Thank you, first of all, for the many blessings in my life. I forget sometimes how full my life is of these blessings because they are in many forms and are occasionally easy to overlook. The blessing of my dear friends, my incredible family, the amazing creatives you have surrounded me with. Thank you for the many creative gifts you have given me. Thank you for the healing of my heart that has taken place recently.
Thank you most of all for this new sanctuary. Let me use this place as a haven for the gifts you have given me and let those gifts flourish and grow in this environment. Protect me from the negatives and the circus music and the clowns. Protect me from myself because I can be my own greatest enemy. Let me delve into these gifts and find new ways to bring grace and glory to you for bestowing these gifts upon me. Let me honor the people in my life who have made the pursuit of these gifts a smoother path and who have held their hands out to guide me and heal me and bless me on the way. Help me overcome my fear of the enormous responsibility of this new environment and help me utilize my gifts to find ways to keep the lights on and make sure I can stay here. Help me to conquer the fears that have haunted me, the anger that has recently reared its head, and let them dissipate with the sage smoke that fills this sanctuary currently.
Let these new blessings and discoveries lead me to a new, more fulfilling personal life. Let this led me to find someone to share this new life with, someone to saunter down this path with me. Let this help me heal and move forward.
I know there is nothing in front of me that I cannot handle and that you will guide me, if I would just let you. I’m asking for guidance now. Guide my gifts, guide my path, guide my heart. Show me where you want me to go and then help me get there.
I give you all my sorrows, all my troubles, all my fears and anger because I know you will help them heal. I give you thanks for innumerable blessings and where you have brought me so far. I pray that the rest of the path is just as interesting, just as fulfilling and just as gracious.
I ask in Jesus’ name.
Amen.
and for the Asian/Buddhist side of me, to honor my ancestors…
Om mani padme ohm, om mani padme ohm, om mani padme ohm.
No comments:
Post a Comment