Monday, April 23, 2007

Sing it with me... It's a small world, after all...

So this is an email I get today for "lifeonitsside" from Cinderella Drives A Pick-Up.

"Dear Life on its Side, I have happened across a synopsis of your book turned to film on the Web. It looks like a great piece of work and I am interested in either reading your book or seeing the film. Could you direct me to somewhere near my home that I could get a copy ?

Thank You,

T. Shawn Smith"

The email address is "mts" - Manitoba Telephone System.

Now, about 100 years ago, in another life, I was married to a Todd Shawn Smith. There are a couple of hits on my Cinderella site from Canada with the same amount of hits under a search for my name.

So I sent him a fairly innocuous email back, asking if he's in Winnipeg and if he is indeed the Shawn Smith I knew.

Wow. It's a weird world. I haven't talked to him in probably 10 or 12 years.

We'll see what happens. Wonder what he would do if he knew he was a character in "Cinderella", played by the awesome A.J. Bowen. He should be flattered by my choice of actors to play him.

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: