Today was about as good as it gets. Nothing big. Nothing spectacular. Just a perfect day.
Woke up around 7:30 after getting – wow – almost eight hours of sleep. A rarity in my life. Monica came by at 9:00 for coffee and shopping which turned into lunch at my favorite Chinese place and ended around 2:30. We talked about men and sex and men and love and men and gossip and men and goals and dreams and hopes and men and… you get the drift. Talked about cute men flirting. Talked about all stuff girlie.
Then I met Zadra in South Pasadena for more girlie stuff. Started at Victoria’s Secret, seeking free lip gloss out of a magazine. The only down thing of the whole day was that the lip gloss is not in stock until Wednesday. So, no new lip gloss but oh, well, we’ll have to come back. Shopped, walked, shopped some more, walked. Talked, talked, and, oh, talked some more. Sniffed soap and bath bombs at Lush – which, if you haven’t experienced it, so worth it – and I bought fabulously scented bath bomb to use at some time in the future. Shopped in the TWO STORY!!! tall Forever 21. That took almost an hour. Then we hopped in the car and went to Sephora for more girlie stuff and talking. Then ended up at Islands where I watched Zadra eat and drank my own chocolate milk shake and we, oh, talked. She eventually headed home and I headed home.
Quick shower, check of email and then off to meet my dearest Chairman at a great show called The Reunion, which features our friend, Hal Perry, and a pair of pink furry handcuffs. It’s an interactive show where you pick a character and follow them around, so that every time you go, it’s a whole different experience. We went the first time about a month ago and got addicted. Unfortunately, both of our schedules have kept us from coming back until tonight. But, as always, it was a pleasure to spend the evening with Chairman, enjoying this very funny and silly and occasionally very serious show. During intermission, guess what we did? Okay, nothing girlie… well… kinda girlie. We gossiped (okay, so he probably wouldn’t call it gossip but…) and I caught him up on stuff that happened at Koji’s after we left and what’s going on in other people’s lives. We chatted with Hal and one of the other cast members after the show then decided we’d try to catch the show once more before they close and maybe see if we can get a whole group together. A weird series of phone calls from Drew prompted another little gossip session and then we headed out, finishing the night with a warm hug from one of my favorite guys.
Chatted with Patty as a result of the calls from Drew and caught up on even more gossip. Wow, lots of gossip today. Came home to a lovely, lonely kitty, my bag of Del Taco clutched in my hungry hand, and sitcoms on TV.
It doesn’t get better than this. No drama, no struggle, nothing but the pure pleasure of living. Spending time with the people that I love the most, who have been my heart and soul and lifeline this past year. To relish the simple nothingness of the day and not feel guilty about not doing anything but be with people I love. I accomplished nothing and enjoyed every second of it.
My best friend, Kim, who called in the middle of this lovely day and just added a bit more of what I love about my life, turned me on to a new song by Carrie Underwood, called “Wasted.” Some of the lyrics would apply to me, Kim suggested. So I downloaded the song and listened to it. She was right. And the lyrics rang particularly true today, as I ended my beautiful, peaceful, joy-filled day…
“I don’t wanna spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I’ve let all these years go by
Wasted…
Oh, I don’t wanna keep on wishing, missing
But still every morning the color of the night
I ain’t spending no more time
Wasted…”
And I don’t…
2 comments:
Here's to no wasted moments!! Yesterday was delightful!! I even got half of a nap...
This life is lovely:) Thanks for a great day!!
decided we’d try to catch the show once more before they close and maybe see if we can get a whole group together
Yes, please!!
Post a Comment