My emotions seem to have swung back to center finally. They’ve been so wonky lately.
Zadra got me thinking last night as her mantra was “I’m grateful for my friends, and my cats, and my dog, and my parents, and my boyfriend, and my job…” And lately, I haven’t been terribly grateful as I’ve been mired in pain and discourse and mental gymnastics.
Then this morning, before heading off to the folks’ place, I was flipping (virtually, of course) through photos from this summer, searching for good pics to load on to my phone to identify my callers (I’m addicted to my new Razor), I was overwhelmed with memories of this season. It’s been amazing and I’m glad to be reminded of that.
So, it’s been a while, here is my current gratitude list, of which I’m sure I’ll forget something.
I am grateful for:
1. The time with my father, whatever time we will have.
2. My siblings, no matter how hard our relationships can be, they’re healthy, they’re happy, and they make me who I am.
3. The July 4th pool party. I haven’t laughed so hard and had so much fun as I did that night. The company, the weather, the dogs, that goofy attack kitty, and watching the fireworks with one of my favorite people couldn’t get better.
4. Snakes on a Mo-Fo Plane.
5. Comic-Con and four days with two of my dearest friends.
6. “Cinderella Drives A Pick-Up”. Words can’t express. I will finish the edit soon to share that gratitude with you all.
7. Koji’s. For the joy of it.
8. The most amazing friends on the face of the earth – both my dearest and nearest to my heart and even those on the periphery, because they are incredible as well and surprise me often.
9. Finding other women in my situation who share my pain, my wounds and aren’t afraid to show theirs.
10. Twyla.
11. These past few months in my own place.
12. The 48 Hour Film Project.
13. The far-too-short visit from Kim. I miss you terribly, sweetie. Come back soon!
14. Chairman. He has introduced me to some of the most amazing people in my life, including Bonnie and Christy, which led to this lovely play, “Three Lefts”, that I will be directing this fall. And just grateful for his existence.
15. My girls – Monica, Patty, Zadra, Misha, Erin, Joy (and I know I’m missing someone) – you ladies keep me sane. And that’s a task!
16. The rest of my boys – Peter, Erik, AJ (come home soon, baby!), Drew.
17. My job.
18. The Remo drum circle Tuesday nights.
19. Keith Urban. Sorry, couldn’t resist.
20. The Ark Theatre Company.
21. The amazing gifts God has given me and the opportunities he’s presented me with to use those gifts.
I think that’s a good notes to end on. There are many more I could add but I’ve gotta get out of here. You know I expect to see your lists. So get busy. I’ll check in with you later.
3 comments:
I think it's time I do a grateful list....
I love you too!
-LG
I'm grateful for YOU, baby.
Hey, I'm going to use the Life On Its Side logo on the cast web page 'til y'all have some THREE LEFTS art work to give me.
Just an FYI.
XXOO
I am SOOOO grateful for you, too!!!
If your gentle direction of ME through the rewriting process, and the tremendous result, is any preview of things to come (which of course, it is), we are going to create one KICK ASS show!!!
And I think I'm coming to Koji's on Thursday! Woo!
XOXO
Post a Comment