Let me explain…
Well, let me start with the fact that I love the men in my life, as you all know. I am blessed to be surrounded by incredible male energy that feeds me and protects me and makes me feel very, very special. I love their talent, I love their passion, I love their sense of joy.
I have also just really discovered that I love the women in my life for the same reason.
I am blessed to be surrounded – for probably the first time in my life – with a large number of incredible women. Usually, I have one or two very good female friends then a smattering of women on the edge who I am not that close to. I suddenly find myself with an abundance of women who I would consider close friends and a goodly number of more than acquaintances-working on being close friends kind of women.
And tonight illustrated why I love these women.
They behave like men.
Take tonight. Five of us got together – myself, Monica, Christy and Patty and Misha – at Patty and Misha’s to watch movies. Now, we didn’t do the chick-flick thing. We did talk about men but mostly about how much we admire that special hollow in a man’s hip when they are impossibly unnaturally fit and their jeans sit just low enough to make us want that waistband to dip just another inch. We talked about who we would date and who we would fuck (date Brad Pitt, fuck Ed Norton was the consensus, although I tended to vote the other way). We talked about sex. And about more sex. And about how several of us are not and have not been having enough sex. I don’t think we talked about feelings once tonight. Except for how we feel about the aforementioned hip hollow.
Then came the main attraction. Originally, we had planned on spending the night watching nasty, dirty, low-life Brad Pitt films, particularly “Fight Club” and “12 Monkeys.” Well, being the kind of warm, fuzzy woman I am, “Fight Club” was purchased within hours of release as it is truly one of my most favorite films. So visceral, so profound… oh, yeah, and the hollow of the hip as mentioned above. But I digress…
So I brought “Fight Club” to the party, as did Christy. She rented hers, being unaware that I owned the hips… I mean… a copy so we watched her copy to justify her rental fee. “12 Monkeys” was not to be found so I brought along “Snatch” as an alternative, should we get that far.
Well, all the talking about hips and sex took up a lot of time and we only had time to watch “Fight Club.” As we were watching it, commenting on its sociopolitical message and how it is the most non-violent violent film we have ever seen, it suddenly struck me why I love the women in my life.
They love “Fight Club.” They didn’t cringe when Ed Norton beat the living daylights out of the blond Aryan boy. They didn’t turn away as fight after fight was visualized on screen. Even when Tyler drooled disgusting amounts of blood into the gangster’s mouth, they did not shy away.
These are the toughest broads I know. They are not afraid to acknowledge their feisty sides, not afraid to show their strength, not afraid to kick some movie ass as needed. And this quality manifests itself in their own lives. They are fearless, they are fighters, and they are unstoppable. And it is not only the four women in the room tonight, but so many of the women in my circle. I am not going to list names because I’ll miss someone terribly important and then feel guilty about it. And I’m afraid of getting my ass kicked by someone I missed.
I am so blessed to have these women in my life, to listen to me, to encourage me and to kick my ass as needed. They smack me upside the head as required then kiss it better. They embrace and protect, they stand up and they take a stand. They are not afraid to speak their minds and wouldn’t ever consider keeping their mouths shut just because they are female.
So here’s to the feisty ones, the ones who inspire me to keep my head above water and to dig my feet in. To the ones who answer my endlessly obsessive blogs with sharp encouragement and mild reproachment, knowing that they’ll get the same from me. To the ones who can take on the hard, harsh, cold world, whether in reality or on screen, and come back for more.
And to Brad Pitt’s hips, just because.
3 comments:
Yes, the V was lovely, though I am still on the side that I'd fuck and date Edward Norton before Brad (though he is so very very nice to look at:) I love that movie, and I love the fact that all of us have that same feel for it..
You are absolutely a woman to be reconned with, as kick-ass as they come. You ar also so very much stronger than you think.
One of these days, I look forward to watching your "fight club" directorial project on the big screen. You will do it justice!
I thought it was fuck Brad Pitt, and date Ed Norton? 'Cuz that's what I would do, shoot.
Mmm man hips... the Linguinal Crease/Ligament area... Yum.
-Patty
I love you too! Yay!
I also said I would fuck Brad Pitt and date Ed Norton (inherent in that, fucking while dating Ed Norton).
But other than that, my sentiments exactly - like my last semester of college, when I roomed with three other women who hated living with women...it was heaven!!!
Just like Brad Pitt's hip socket.
Post a Comment