Sunday, August 06, 2006

tonight

Tonight
my tears flow
from every part
of my heart.

Knowing
I will lose
my father
eventually
sooner
inevitably.

Knowing
I have lost
you
of my own choice
yet before I could choose
and before
I could say goodbye.

Knowing
he colors
every frame of my life
yet won't participate
or let me in
or take my hand
leaving me in limbo.

Knowing
that these arms
are so empty.
No arms
to hold me
the way they used to
the way I want them to
as I grieve
for a loss yet to come
and for losses
so long gone
so present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear woman.

So much to process!! I'm so sorry. Why is life doing this to us? Oh...right...because it's life.

Well, I'm pretty much around this week, and right up the street from you, so feel free to holler if you need anything.