My apartment smells like apple martinis, margaritas and cupcakes. There’s leftover food everywhere, including the red vines in the Winnie the Pooh vase. The candles and incense gave up hours ago. Yep, I guess it was a successful party.
Had a mini-housewarming/screening party tonight. Very small but enthusiastic turn out. The usual suspects – Chairman, Monica, Erik, Patty Jean, Tricia – and a few stragglers. We screened “Dark Guitar”, “Weight of the Word” and Chairman’s short, “A Fairy Tale.” I love the fact that most everyone had seen DG or WOTW but, hopefully with real enthusiasm, requested to see them again. And “A Fairy Tale” is as charming on third view as it was on first.
So nice to play the way I want to play in my own space. It’s been such a long and difficult few weeks that it was nice to have a couple of apple martinis and relax. Although I realized tonight that Chairman and I used to be the dry ones usually and now we seem to have caught up with our friends. Although no one drinks to excess – at least no one that I am close to.
I had hoped to show some Cinderella footage but technology was not my friend and would not allow me output for our viewing pleasure.
Doing the “12 of 12” photo thing again today. Got a start with the party. I didn’t really realize that it’s supposed to be one photo every hour. Maybe that’s changed. Anyway, I’ll post what I shoot. Should be a good day for it. Going to see Nellie Bly, a great band from the Cinderella soundtrack, perform this afternoon. After that, not really sure.
Struggling with some things but don’t really feel like blogging about them. Stuff you know, stuff that’s new. It’s all the same in the end, though, isn’t it?
Anyway, it was a fun way to spend the evening with good friends, good films and an ego boost.
3 comments:
Ah...that sounded like so much fun. Wish I could have been there. Glad to see you're having fun. :-)
P.S. I love the fact that your cat and I share the same name.
I was up to my elbows in Comet and Lime stain remover! Moving sucks!!!!!!!
I'm glad it was wonderful! when I finally DO move, how about a private screening!?
(oddly, I first typed screaming instead of screening!)
The party was soooo much fun!! All three films are lovely and I'm glad we all had a reason to get together. I also thought the margaritas worked very nicely, as I needed a nice way to start the weekend after the work week.
Thanks for hosting a fabulous event;) and I'll see you for Nellie Bly.
Post a Comment