Saturday, July 01, 2006

Just about perfect...

It was just about the perfect day. Woke up early, although my body didn’t want to. It’s taken quite a beating in the last week and is very, very tired. But I had promised to help Monica move and since she helped me foist my armoire (wow, does that sound dirty?) I couldn’t say no.

So it’s 90 degrees at 8:30 AM but we valiantly got most of her stuff out of her temporary home at Casa de Barnes. Made a quick trip to my place to pick up her air mattress, which she lent me while PRS was temporarily mis-located and slept on my floor for a couple of nights. Then I said the magic words – “hey, Chairman’s got a pool. We need to go for a dip when we’re done.”

I stopped to pick what will pass for a bathing suit – a cute pair of boy board shorts that are pacific blue with a sea-type pattern on them and a sexy little blue bikini top. Met up with Monica at C de B. We got in the pool around 1 PM and, boy, was it hard to get out. The sun, the breeze, the water, the conversation. Such pleasure, such decadence. Such fun. I dragged my ass out around 2:30 as I had auditions at the Ark at 4:00 and still had stuff to copy and had to change, etc.

As I was getting ready, Chairman got up (the boy works nights so 3:00 is his 7AM?) and came down, interestingly enough, in his swim trunks, heading for the pool. Monica persuaded me to show him the cleaned up edit of “Weight of the Word” before I left. Didn’t take much persuasion as I am really happy with the cleaned up edit. It only took about an hour to get it where I wanted it. And Beth is coming over tomorrow to finish the sound work. But we watched the cut, chatted about it and other things. Next thing I knew, it was 3:15 and I still hadn’t put on make-up, gone to Kinkos, etc. So I threw on my straw cowboy hat, which is quickly becoming a very important part of my fashion ensemble, and ran out the door.

Made it to the auditions just in time. Disappointed more people didn’t show up but, oh, well. Showed the new cut of the film to those in attendance and got great response. I’m so excited about this short. I think it’s going to do quite well for me and for my cast.

Monica had suggested earlier that I come back after the auditions so we could continue our pool party and I did, after stopping off to pick up ready-to-serve margaritas. To my absolute delight, Chairman decided to join us in the frivolity and the three of us hung out in the pool in the moonlight, sipping our drinks and laughing our butts off. We finally climbed out of the pool around 9 so Chairman could get ready for work, although we basically crashed on couch/chair until he had to leave. I figured I should leave then, too, as I was falling asleep in the chair, full of sun, tequila and pool water.

And I couldn’t help but think how just about perfect this day was. Comfortable, slow, easy, fun. It’s been a while since I’ve had a relaxing, nothing to do kind of day. Although, as Monica pointed out, I didn’t exactly do nothing today. But it sure felt like it. And I’m glad I did. My soul needed rest, my body needed rest and my mind needed rest. And that’s what we got. And the company was certainly delightful.

I am very tired. I can’t seem to stop smiling. I want more of this. If this is what the battle of the last year was all about, then it was all worth it. My heart is full tonight.

“These are the days that we’ll remember….”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to move stuff today too! a massive fold out couch, in fact...

Didn't have the reward of a pool though! Glad you had a "relaxing" day!

Anonymous said...

We must do this more often:) Perhaps Mr. Barnes will have to entertain more frequently!!!!

Absolute decadence, and I loved every minute of it:)