Wednesday, July 05, 2006

An amazing week...

I’ve had the most interesting, introspective and incredible week.

First, the screening of “Weight of the Word” and the horror and wonder of it all. Beth helped me go back and fine-tune the end product and I am thrilled with how it turned out. I cannot wait to show it off to people and can’t wait to get it out to festivals.

I finally sent “Dark Guitar” off to a film festival. Why let it fester in a drawer? Might as well see if I can make something of it.

A perfect pool party with Monica and Chairman, as always described in previous blog.

Actually had some time off these past couple of days, which I have not had for a long time. Did laundry. Wow, I’ll have clean underwear.

Cast most of “Importance of Being Ernest” lab. Am delighted that one of my fav guys is going to do it for me – the fabulous and mysterious AJ Bowen. Can’t wait to get started.

Finished the script, “Live at Five,” which I’ll be doing a reading of next week. Hmmm, guess I should cast that one, huh?

Revisited my previous life a bit too much this week, which has made me appreciate the life I am living so much more. Nothing bad, really, just a glimpse at what I left behind and why. Am so glad I’ve made the choices I have, as hard as they’ve been.

Had an outrageous time today at another pool party, this one thrown by Vieve at a house she is house-sitting. Played with Trisden, the world’s cutest kitten (sorry, Zadra). Took waaaay too many photos. Although this one is one of my favorites of me.




Thanks, Monica, for helping me take over 200 pictures today. We all walked up towards the Rose Bowl at dark and watched some awesome fireworks. I was delighted to enjoy the festivities with one of my fav guys, Chairman, as the others sang drunkenly behind us. Just such a fun, lazy, silly, over-indulgent day. Ate a lot, drank a bit, and just really enjoyed myself.

Should be going to bed but don’t feel like it. Posted a ton of photos from the party at:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9afd3ld.p3gbnul&x=1&y=qk4au0

Feel free to check them out.

All in all, a wondrous, amazing week that has me again grateful to those around me and those who I adore. Feeling sleepy and happy and warm inside (that might just be the whiskey)!

Hope you all had a 4th to remember.

3 comments:

Twyla said...

"Revisited my previous life a bit too much this week, which has made me appreciate the life I am living so much more. Nothing bad, really, just a glimpse at what I left behind and why. Am so glad I’ve made the choices I have, as hard as they’ve been."

You took the words right out of my mouth...and I believe that it's only going to get better.
I visited your photogallery, and it looks as though you have a glorious life yourself. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't singing drunkenly. Monica was singing drunkenly. And I think everyone else was good and buzzed. :) But I wasn't. I was just missing the soundtrack to the fireworks.

Lazy day pool parties on the fourth of July are absolutely fantastic!
-Patty

Anonymous said...

OMG, that pool party soooo rocked!!!! And I enjoyed every minute of drunken swimming, tennis, and singing, btw:)

Loved the time with good friends the most, though...
*hugs*