and I want to call you
and tell you that I miss you
and I want to come home
and we could start again
and I would be better
and you would be better
and we would be better
and we could forget everything
and it would be good again
and I would be happy again
and it would be like it was
and it would be like it was
and he doesn’t care
and he isn’t able to say he cares
and it’s you all over again
and if it’s going to be you
and if it’s going to be hard
and I’m not going to have him
and I’m going to have to be in hell
and at least the hell with you I know
and then we’d start again
and I’d say I’m sorry
and you’d say you’re sorry
and he’d miss me
and he’d never be able to say he did
and I wouldn’t be alone
and we would spoon like we did
and it would be like it was
and it would be like it was
and I could call him
and say that I miss him
and that I need him
and that I won’t be around anymore
and that he’d have to do something
and I’d be there, waiting
and it could be so good
and I would be happy again
and I would be better
and he would be better
and we would be better
and we could have a future
and we could have a great life
and it would be like it was
and it would be like it was
and I could sit here
and I could be alone
and I could be empty
and I could be sorry
and I could miss you
and I could miss him
and I could be hurt
and I could be angry
and I could be haunted
and I could be afraid
and I could be in the blackness again
and I could be in the darkness again
and I could count the pills again
and it would be like it was
and it would be like it was
and I could get through tonight
and I could maybe get through tomorrow
and then maybe the day after
and then I’d not miss you
and I’d still miss him
and I’d still hurt
and I’d still be angry
and I’d still want to come home
and I’d still be haunted
and I could be better
and I could be stronger
and I could face what’s out there
and I could stand on my own
and I could find my way myself
and it would never be like it was
and it would never be like it was…
2 comments:
That's beautiful poetry.
I'm not going to post another long sermon on your blog about inner strength. I'm not going to make some trite comment that this'll pass. You know it'll get better, much better, but that's not the point right now.
I'm just going to say I've been there. I get it. And it's a great thing, the best thing right now, that you're expressing this.
Maybe that's the point.
Wow.
Post a Comment