Thursday, September 29, 2005

Polka dot bra....

9/29/05 (actually 9/30)

I should go to bed. It’s 1:25 A.M. and I’ve been up since 5 (4, really, but I refused to get out of bed until my alarm went off). I’ve had a long, difficult week, worked way too hard, and have had one drink (whatever the hell a whiskey sidecar is, it’s dangerous for a lightweight like me). The bed should be where I’m headed.

Instead, I’m sitting on it instead of climbing in it, not ready to let go of the day yet.

I transcribed over 300 urology reports this week. I never want to type erectile dysfunction or obstructed voiding pattern again. Way too many hours at the computer. My whole body aches from sitting. Need yoga!

That led to me not really getting anything done this week that I wanted to.

Money’s tight. Tough living on my own for the first time in 16 years.

But couldn’t wait to get to the theater tonight. Small audience, as is the curse of small theater. Enthusiastic, though. They were with Chairman and Kristy every step of the way.

And the two of them (Chairman and Kristy) were in fine form tonight. The show is really starting to gel. Some beautiful work on both their parts. Again, I realized how lucky I am to work with this talent. I’m so glad to work on this piece with Chairman and really see what he can do. I’ve heard for years how good he is and now he gets to shine. So glad to be a part of that.

Trying to look ahead tonight and see what the powers that be have in store for me. They keep teasing me with dreams that show me glimpses of possibilities. And since I tend to have very prophetic dreams, those possibilities could very easily turn into realities. And I’m not sure I’m ready for some of those possibilities to manifest yet.

Okay, I’m obtuse tonight. Blame the whiskey (damn you, AJ, it’s your fault). The whiskey’s probably also responsible for the warm, comfortable feeling enveloping me right now. Or it could be a combination of the show and hanging out with the usual gang at Koji’s, watching the singing, feeling the closeness and friendship. Enjoying just being a part of the group tonight, not having to stand out and be clever and entertaining. I could just sit back and enjoy tonight and I liked that. Nah, probably the whiskey.

Anyway, just felt like I had to let some of this out of my head tonight before the pink polka dot bra and the Supergirl underwear goes into the drawer to await another evening of fun. Or is that TMI?

No comments: