Today, I love my life.
I got to rehearse with Chairman, always a joy. On a play I am quickly falling in love with. I’m enjoying discovering Kristy’s talent and seeing her work off of Chairman is such a pleasure.
I’m hanging out on Myspace and seeing several of my favorite people’s faces grinning back at me. It’s a silly little delight to see that little “online now” symbol, which makes me feel like somehow we’re all in the same room together, hanging out, even though we can’t see each other. It makes me feel a little less alone when I’m hanging out in my room.
I came home to my new friend and roommate, Tiffany, and her mom and her two funky, funny, always entertaining Chihuahuas, Sid and Bijoux. To a clean apartment that I didn’t have to clean. That’s a gift in itself.
My cat, Twyla, is sitting at the foot of my bed, quiet and content for a change. Purring. Nothing better than that.
A friend sent me some amazing pictures of Ground Zero and the memorials that went on there this weekend. Makes me incredibly grateful for the people in my life and that, with everything that has gone on in this crazy, weird, out of control world lately, that my friends are within arm’s reach – or internet reach – safe, warm, grouchy, pissed off and vocal.
Most of all, for the first time in a long time, I see my future. I see where I want to be and what I want to be. I’m working on being a better person and learning to not be so intense about things. I’m learning to let go – of people, of things beyond my control, of anger, of my old life.
For the first time in a long time, as I get ready to turn off the light and climb into my new Ikea bed in my bluish denim-y room, I’m almost content with where I am today.
It may not be that way tomorrow but I’ll take this for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment