Friday, June 08, 2007

Begin again.

I am going to try to begin today by letting go.

Letting go of things I wished and wanted and needed and pined for that are not there. Letting go of anger and frustration and aggravation over things I cannot control. Letting go of my past, both recent and long ago, and trying to focus on the future.

Letting go of what I thought my life would be with him, whichever one he is. Letting go of holding on, waiting for something, anything to tell me what to do.

I took a leap of faith almost two years ago but I don’t think I ever got off the ledge. I think I’ve spent too much time there recently.

Today, I am going to try to begin by letting go.

6 comments:

Patty Jean said...

Here's to letting go!!!!

Anonymous said...

It takes time, but you will succeed.

Twyla said...

"Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go."

Anonymous said...

Leap, my friend.

You will fly.

Miah said...

I HATE letting go...
Sometimes it helps to have something else to hold onto. Somehow it all seems to ultimately be about "letting go." Sucks, in my opinion.

Loz said...

Realising you haven't let go is the first step in moving on