And I got thinking about these wondrous men in my life, one of whom makes me insane but I adore him, one of whom is the above-mentioned married OOMA (does that make him MOOMA?), and one of whom is the sweetest soul I know, and it made me realize that, no matter what man I end up with in my life eventually, there are things I have learned from these three men that have helped me define and realize what I want from the man in my life. So, here it is:
I want a man who:
- knows to order me Jamesons rocks without my asking.
- sings to me, whether in karaoke or in real life.
- whose casual thoughtfulness is not calculated.
- handles my heart with gentle hands and gentler words.
- is unphased by my creativity – in all its forms.
- is willing to share with me, not lord over me.
- is strong enough to be proud of me without feeling threatened.
- can just be quiet with me.
- can laugh with his entire being.
- appreciates and embraces joy.
- is willing to gently approach my skittish cat.
- is secure in his own talent.
- eager for knowledge and willing to share it without needing to belittle.
- has passion visible in his eyes.
- makes me feel safe.
- is generous with his heart and his soul, not just his checkbook.
- is not afraid.
- doesn’t use the truth as a weapon.
- can reach into my heart without breaking it.
- whose presence I can feel when they are miles away and thinking of me.
- fills my soul with delight when I see him.
- embraces me, flaws and all, without needing to fix me.
- can see his future with confidence and anticipation.
- can see my future the same way.
- loves me fully, completely, unconditionally.
I want a man who doesn’t exist because, for all their flaws, these men are the best men I have ever known in my life.

(Okay, I know, goofy picture, but I think it's the only one I have of all three of them. Peter, AJ, Chairman and me at Koji's right before AJ left town this summer.)
I love you guys, Peter, AJ and Chairman. Thank you for the lessons and the love.
1 comment:
Amen, sister. I will cut and paste this into my notes- I could not have thought up a more complete list myself (except I also want him to have as deep a passion for my God as I do. No- I'm not a radical, just very spiritual.) I think I may have found a man who fits the bill, but we shall see.
Regards,
Jamie
Post a Comment