Thursday, November 23, 2006

Since it's Thanksgiving...

...and I guess it’s time for me to check in with myself and see what I’m thankful for, because there is a lot, despite the darker tones my blogs have taken lately. And it’s a given there is the usual friends/family/career stuff. So here’s a random sampling of things that were in my head on the way home from Zadra’s…

1. Chairman’s laugh. If, god forbid, I should ever lose track of him, this is the thing I would miss the most about him. It defines what I adore about him.

2. Patty’s muppetness. Fun, light, yet full of depth when you’re least expecting it.

3. Zadra’s lip gloss collection, because, like her, it’s practical and silly all at the same time.

4. Monica’s wisdom on all things male-related. And her frank openness about way too much.

5. PRS’s hugs.

6. Anna B. and destination food.

7. Ric’s shirtless, shoeless serenades.

8. Twyla and all her pink nose.

9. Mikee’s cock-eyed crooked optimism.

10. Every single day that my father is still here.

11. AJ is home.

12. The re-introduction of Al Underwood to my life. What the hell did I do without him?

13. Music is back in my life in so many ways.

14. Girlfriends! More than I have ever had in my life!

15. Zadra’s Luke and his goofy ways.

16. Paul W’s respectful treatment of me.

17. Being allowed by all of you to rediscover myself.

18. Koji’s.

19. My tattoos.

20. All the amazing memories I have of this year – Cinderella, Weight of the Word, getting “Inked”, the trip to San Diego (and the adult store at midnight), and so many others.

I am grateful and thankful every single day that this is my life. This is the life I was able to choose when so many others can’t make that choice. I am so unbelievably grateful still to those who were around to catch me when I leapt and made me feel safe and solid and believed in me. Even in the darkest moments of my life, I know that I will always be thankful that I am not there. It crossed my mind today – what if I hadn’t left? What if I had stayed and tried and was still there? Maybe that is what I am most thankful for now – I am not there anymore. I am here. And here’s a pretty good place to be.

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Tell those around you today how much you love them – because I plan to, so if you see me today, get ready – and let them know how thankful you are that they are in your life. God bless and eat well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you are in my life. Much love goes out to you, my dear!!!