Sunday, November 05, 2006

For my birthday adventurers...

Been doing more research on Teotihuacan (thank you, Chairman, for helping me learn how to pronounce this correctly).

I'm thinking of a four or five day trip beginning or middle of June, because of my schedule. Zadra's mom works with a travel agency that can give us good prices for an all inclusive package, which they recommend for many reasons. The approximately cost could be anywhere from $700-$1,000 for four or five days. This includes flight, hotel, food, drinks, etc. However, we won't be able to get hard numbers on this until the new year. I understand this is a great deal of money and I appreciate and understand those of you who want to join me but simply can't afford it. I'm going if I have to camp out on the street of Mexico City... okay, maybe not that but... I'm determined to go, even if it is by myself. I know my birthday twin, Patty, wants to go as well but I won't put the pressure on anyone to indulge my birthday fantasy at this point due to the cost.

I'm thinking four to five days because we lose two days to travel and I want to spend at least one day if not two at Teotihuacan alone. You all can join me for as much of that as you want or you can lounge by the pool, drinking and eating and I'll join you upon my return. My whole purpose is to see these ruins but I don't expect everyone to be as excited about these as I am.

Don't forget you will probably need a passport if you don't have one. Info on passports can be found here.

The other thing I realized as I researched this is that I need to get my ass in shape. The Pyramid of the Sun is over 200 feet high - approximately 20 flights of stairs at something like 7000 feet above sea level, I think i read. So my lungs (and knees and thighs and everything else) need to be in better shape than they are now. I don't want to miss out on anything just because I was too lazy to get my butt in shape. So think about that as you plan your trip. I'm hoping to hit Black Dog Yoga in Van Nuys a bit more frequently and take Anna B. up on her offer to walk in circles at a nearby school track.

I'm going to put together a page of links about Teotihuacan and Mexico City and other things that can be done while there. If you have any suggestions, whether you're joining me or not, please let me know so I can include them.

Although it's almost eight months away, time flies so quickly these days that it'll be here before I know it. I cannot wait. I'm looking forward to this trip almost more than any trip I've ever taken (trip to Vegas last year is a close second). I hope you all can join me. The more, the merrier. Of course, there are a few of you I cannot imagine going without in particular. I plan to turn 45 in the most amazing way possible.

So let me know if you have thoughts, questions, suggestions, etc. Starting the countdown today!

No comments: