Saturday, November 04, 2006

Full moon brings poetry...

I won’t ask you to cross time for me.
I won’t ask you to wake from a coma and fall in love with me, even though you don’t know me.
I won’t ask you to follow an elaborate charade involving me, my gorgeous best friend and a radio show.
I won’t ask you to stand outside my door at Christmas, flipping through signs telling me how you feel.
I won’t even ask you to love dogs.

I will just ask you
to look into my eyes,
see what is really there.

I will just ask you
to lower your barrier a bit
and see what is really there.

I will just ask you
to look into your own heart
and see what is really there.

I will just ask you
to take a tiny, little, baby step with me
to see what is really there.

It’s that simple.

No comments: