One of my other male friends mentioned not being one of my fav four the other day. I didn’t know anyone really paid that much attention to my blogs or that reference. He seemed a bit disappointed not to be one of the fav four. I was kind of surprised.
So I guess the criteria to be one of my four fav guys should be listed, in case anyone was interested in bumping one of them.
1. You must be incredibly talented. I’m talking about superior talent. I hang out with an awful lot of talented people so something about your talent must strike my creative core. Instinctive talent is my favorite.
2. You must have one of four traits in spades – heart, soul, intelligence or passion. A combination of all four is amazing as well. These must be traits that are self-evident. You can’t just say, look, I have heart, and expect to get into the top four. Sorry. I have to see it in you, in your eyes, in your soul.
3. You must have touched something in me. Okay, now get your minds out of the gutter. I’m talking the warm, fuzzy, can’t wait to see you when we’re getting together kind of thing.
4. You must realize that all of the above is crap.
The reason these four guys are my fav guys is something that cannot be explained. I’m not sure they’ll all always been in the top four. Missteps happen along the way and friendships, no matter how special, can end suddenly and unexpectedly. I have come close to losing one or two on this list already.
All I know is that in some way, these four have been there for me when I’ve needed a shoulder, a hug, a drink, a coffee. When I’m sad, these are the guys that make me smile just by showing up. Sometimes, just seeing their little “online” icon on Myspace when I’m blue makes me smile to know that they’re somehow cyber-ly connected to me. We don’t talk about my problems, we don’t talk about why I’m blue because we don’t need to. They just know when to joke with me, when to sit quietly and share chocolate cake with me, when to give me some love, and when to put their arms around me and tell me it’ll be all right.
Maybe this list could expand to include my top five or six or 12 but for right now, until the list is only one special guy who is everything that these four are, I’ll hang on to my list tightly and thank God for giving me these amazing men. And thank their mothers as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment