I am firmly entrenched in my mid-life, no longer a crisis but still an on-going exploration. This blog has been running for almost seven years and has gone from an exploration of starting life over after an abusive marriage to facing 50 and breast cancer.
WARNING: Contains adult language, adult themes, openly sentimental feelings, and a way too honest depiction of my life. If you know me, if you're a friend, lover, colleague, companion, you'll show up in here eventually.
Friday, September 14, 2007
I am in that mood again.
I hate that I miss you still. That you’re still in my mind every day. And that you don’t give me another thought. I hate that I cannot free myself of you, no matter how hard I try. I hate that you have vanished out of my life, without a word, just hovering enough on the edges to remind me that you are there and to keep you ever present. I hate that I cannot make myself just leave you out of my life entirely and that I am still drawn to you, unconsciously, waiting, wanting, never having. Knowing it’s ridiculous, knowing it’s absurd, knowing there will never be anything there. Because there isn’t anything there at all now. I hate that I feel like it’s my fault you’re gone and that I drove you away, when I know so much of it was you choosing to leave me behind. And I hate that you left me behind without explanation or acknowledgement. And I hate that I still miss you every single day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment