Friday, October 06, 2006

And...

I know how I would write the end to tonight.

But you’re not John Cusack.

And I’m not Sandra Bullock.

And there are no funny, funky sidekicks to tell you the truth.

And life is not romantic nor a comedy. It’s Survivor. It’s the Surreal Life. It’s where bonds are made and then broken, leaving even friendships in tatters behind as the one voted off packs their bags and quietly leaves the island/hotel room/whatever.

And there are no end credits and no songs sung by Peabo Bryson. Just silence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

??

hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

You are strong. When the dust settles, you are the one left standing.

Some people don't have the strength to step up. In the end, I guess knowing why is unemportant, just that they didn't have it in them...

You deserve the best, my dear. And I say, lets go find that...!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wait, what happened?
did you rip someone a new asshole?
-Patty

Miah said...

Yes, it really can just go wrong sometimes. It really can "just suck" sometimes. Sometimes it is lost and never recovered. Sometimes we just have to survive because what else is there to do? Sometimes it is sad and no amount of kind words, cheery thoughts, looking at the bright side can make it anything more than what it is. "It is," as my friend is fond of saying, "what it is."