Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My birthday destination...

So, in April, I turn 45 years old. And I'm proud of that. Zadra suggested this year that I do something amazing for my birthday and I did - I started fliming "Cinderella Drives A Pick-up." She actually suggested Mexico but the film was more important.

So 2007, some of the gals and I are planning on tripping down to Mexico in June probably (my and Patty's birthday is actually April 8 but I will probably have a show up then). My key plan is to see some spectacular ruins. I have a fascination with abandoned bulidings and things - some day I'll post my deserted trailer park pics - and Teotihuacán is one of the most amazing sites I have seen. Check out Wikipedia info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teotihuacan#City_Layout if you're curious (thanks, Chairman, for turning me on to Wikipedia).

Here's Teotihuacan:



Anyway, I would love to have a whole batch o'buddies with me on this trip, besides my birthday twin and my couple of usual cohorts. It's not gonna be terribly cheap but I'm already looking for deals. To be honest, I'd sleep on the beach or camp out under the stars if it meant I could go. 2005/2006 has been difficult and amazing and fulfilling and empty and promising and disappointing all at the same time. I want something incredible for 2007. And this seems like a good place to start.

Maybe some handsome guy (who will hold my hand in public ;), right, Monica?) will decide to join me and make this the most memorable birthday of my life. Now taking applications...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!!

A great place to celebrate the 30th and 45th....and we'll go to Disneyland...and I'll be in destruction derby....This sounds promising!

-Birthday Twin

Anonymous said...

the hand holding is extremely important:)

I love your travel destination, and it's going to be a totally amazing birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, when you're done interviewing, can I have some of the rejects? ;)

Looks like a great way to spend a birthday.

Twyla said...

OMG. That's looks so great! I love seeing ruins like that. I've been to Italy and seen all the ancient ruins in Rome and it was amazing. You're going to have an awesome time. :-) I'm jealous. LOL