I don’t want this one to be like the other ones - me standing here, my heart in my hand, holding it out to you. You, standing there, looking at my heart, pondering it, making me think it’s yours to take. But I’m left standing there, heart out, soul out, with no one to take it.
I want to hope you’re different. That you’ll reach back, your own heart in your own hand, holding it out to me, letting me ponder it. Because I want to reach back to you.
But I don’t know if I can hold my hand out that long anymore. I’ve done it too many times, only to be left alone and empty.
So if you’re going to take it, take it soon. And if you’re not, then tell me know and I’ll put it away.
To hope again, the next time…
2 comments:
where did u get the name Deja vu?
It's not a name, it's the sense of having done this before.
Post a Comment