I think I just miss being 20. I miss the innocence and the fact that you can love that much and that hard because your heart is still new and hasn’t been battered by life yet. Even though there may have been seemingly horrible heartbreaks by 20, I think you still come into your first real, true, “adult” love unfettered by pain, open and willing to believe that this person could be your forever person. There is such a willingness to be open and loving and give yourself completely that I don’t think you ever get to again in your life because once that forever person breaks your heart, there is no mending it, there is no going back. You’re scarred for life and no other love will ever be the same because your innocence has been taken.
I’m just longing for that innocence again, to believe that someone could love me that way and that I could love someone that way again.
1 comment:
There's definitely something to be said for innocence and how first love feels, but I can tell you I really don't miss 20. I remember how totally frikin neurotic I was back then, and I'm glad I'm a bit saner with age:)
Post a Comment