Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It all comes back around.

(the long version)

So many things in my life have seemed to circle around and return to me. The latest is this job at Mission: Renaissance. I looked into this job several years ago but due to lack of support on the home front because that job would interfere with my ability to be at RJ’s beck and call, I decided not to follow up with it. The irony is that this job would have solved a number of our financial problems.

So now, five or six years later, I am finishing my training, posted at a studio permanently. And today, the program director at Northridge, Jessica, talked to me about my future there. She has already gotten approval for me to continue my training up through oil painting. She wants me to be trained for the assistant program director position that she hopes will open up there in the fall. That means a weekly salary, benefits, paid vacation, the whole she-bang. This is after I’ve been there less than two months. All the things my ex pushed me to find in a job but always insisted on my settling for something 9-5, something more traditional.

The irony of all the things I passed up and passed by coming back into my life now staggers me sometimes. And sometimes, I am a little sad that he’s not around to share in the success I am achieving and the amazing life I am living.

Of course, because of him, I wasn’t able to embrace my success and I wasn’t allowed to live an amazing life.

I guess that’s why I am here today. He could have shared, he could have supported, he could have done so much that would have let him still be a part of this life.

But God seems to have known that these things were things that would be great for me, things that were in His plan for me, and despite the fact that I couldn’t choose to take the chance on some of this before, these choices have come back for a second and maybe a third time.

This gives me hope that other things I have passed by will come back around, if they are meant to be.

So, sorry for the rambling blog, but I’ve only got a short time between jobs to scribble this down. Much more I’d like to say about other things and hopefully that will come in the next few days.

No comments: