tonight, what I need is to be able to get shif-faced, incoherently drunk. to have some warm, wonderful incredible man see my pain, understand, wrap me up in his embrace, take me home, tuck me into his bed (the option to curl up in said bed and hold me all night is open). Sorry, no sex tonight. Wake me gently in the morning, still holding me. Tell me everything’s all right and let me cry out everything I’ve held in the past few days. Wipe away my tears, tell me to come back when I need to, and kiss me sweetly and gently and tell me he loves me.
Instead, I’ll go and sing a few heartbreak songs, have a single drink, as I am driving the parents’ car tonight, and come home to my empty bed, shed a few tears into my pillow, get up and start all over again tomorrow.
That’s what I need to do.
1 comment:
i love you. erin go bragh. xo
Post a Comment