I had survived some weird, military, "LOST" sort of scenario in some far off island. I thought others had survived but I could not find them. Somehow, I was back in a military building, no one knowing that I had survived this thing. They were looking for me but I was in the lobby of the building and no one knew where to find me. And I couldn’t get anyone to tell me where I should go. There was this pattern on the floor in a circular pattern that were words but not words and they seemed to keep shifting. Every time I’d figure out what it said and where I should go, the pattern shifted again and the words were in a different order. They were words like “eleventh” and “management” and “services.”
The OOMA kept coming through the front door over and over again, not like Groundhog Day because things didn’t repeat. He just seemed to keep coming through the door. He was in full dress Navy whites, which is weird because he’s Air Force and I kept thinking exactly that – that’s weird, he’s in Navy whites and he’s Air Force. At one point, I was in some odd Star Trek sort of outfit that was a red jumpsuit with white patches and silver trim and he was trying to help me get the shoulders to fit right because they kept sitting oddly. He would adjust the shoulders and then they would slide right back to where they were. He was infinitely patient and it seemed fairly important that the shoulders were just so. And it seemed that every time he appeared, I was somehow closer to where I was supposed to be. He was infinitely patient and sometimes seemed to know I had been missing and was glad I was there and wanted to help me get to where I should be and sometimes both of us seemed unaware that I had been missing and couldn’t figure out where I was supposed to be. But he was unflappable, knowing that it would be all right eventually and I would get to where I was supposed to be. And Nellie Bly’s “His Uncheckered Life” kept playing in the background.
During all of this, I kept getting flashbacks of my adventure, which included getting some sort of robotic dinosaur thing to work and that’s how I got off the island. That part’s kind of blurry because I don’t remember much other than getting the thing upright and something about someone who was a negative essence – not really a threat, just very negative and I was trying to get away from him. I knew there were others on the island but I couldn’t figure out where they were or what they were doing, yet they seemed to know I was there with this dinosaur thing and they wouldn’t come over to where I was for no apparent reason.
Then I was in a grocery store with the OOMA and we were trying to get something specific but I didn’t seem to know exactly what it was. He kept asking me, “Is that it?” and I’d say, “I think so.” But then we’d put it back and keep going. I put a Caesar salad in my cart and that was the only thing that was consistent.
Then we were back in the lobby and we had dishes that had been used and couldn’t figure out where to put them. I finally put mine on the guard desk after we kept walking around and around but then couldn’t find the others to tell them where to put their dishes and it seemed really important to tell them where to put their dishes. And the OOMA came in again, in his dress whites, and finally seemed surprised to see me there because I supposedly had been lost in this weird astronaut crash landing thing.
And then Twyla jumped on my head in real life and woke me up.
I've made my own Freudian analysis, I'm sure you will, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment