I saw you tonight for the first time in a long time. And for the first time, my heart didn’t break when it saw your smile. And that made me a little sad.
But I guess I had to let you go completely eventually. It just took me a very long time because my heart refused to listen to my brain.
And now, it’s wistful and it’s sad but it held together.
I wish you hadn’t disappeared from my life. I wish you were still a phone call away. I wish.. I wish…
But tonight, I think I realized that I have let you go…
Though there is still a tiny place in my heart where you will live always…
1 comment:
I don't know how I happened upon your blog, but one day a while back I did. I cringe when I read how you give so much of yourself to these worthless men who just toy with your emotions. You reveal WAY too much and that puts these men the *one up* position and you in the victim position every time. Men like to chase, and I know its a game, but that's how its played. If you kiss their asses and wax poetic about how much you adore them all the time, particularly before you even have any sort of romantic relationship with them, you will, I promise you, be left hurt, vulnerable and disappointed every time. Let one of these men run after you, and don't let them have the benefit of knowing your every thought about them...let them wonder and hope like hell that you *may* have a slight interest in them IF they play their cards right. Just try it one time, instead of insisting on being so hopeless and melodramatic, and giving these jackasses the opportunity to string you along by your being such a ridiculously open book.
Post a Comment