So here are a couple of new oil paintings (tone oil using only raw umber and white):

This one was to learn how to paint metal. I am really proud of the way this came out. Took about 6 hours to paint. Had to scan this in as two parts, so please excuse the line in it.

The assignment with this one was to complete a simple tone oil painting in one single class - about 2-1/2 hours. Not bad but couldn't really do anything too challenging.
The next one I start this week will be what is called "The Rack" - take a linen napkin, starch it, drape it on a board so there are interesting folds and pleats and paint that. Can't wait! Might take up to four or five classes to do that one.
1 comment:
YES! That definitely looks metallic AND I can see the reflection of the creamer in the coffee pot. Really well done!!!
Post a Comment