Thursday, February 28, 2008

A good day

Feeling the need to brag a bit:

Just got asked to direct for the USC Master in Professional Writing Program, which I had done for two years about four years ago. It's a prestigious event and I was recommended by the previous producer to the new producer because of the success I had with the two I did previously (wow, really fractured that sentence). Here's the link for info on the program:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/mpw/students/index.php

Mine is a piece called Juche Rules and is a very powerful political piece about North Korea. And there's a $250 stipend, which is nothing to sneeze at. I would like three 0's at the end of it but I'll take it. Nice to recommended based on the strength of something I did so long ago. Oh, and it goes up April 8th and 9th, my birthday, at the East West Players Theater.

AND

We have been asked by a recent collaborator to work on a new show of his. Very excited. Still working out the details as he was considering another writer but loves the work we've done so far. Still, even if it doesn't go forward, it's nice to know that our work is appreciated and our talents are desired.

All in all, a very lovely day.

No comments: