Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New oil paintings

(If you've checked out my Myspace, you've seen this already.)

I've started oil painting! Yay! The first step is something called "tone oil", which is painting only with raw umber and titanium white and creating the darks and lights of an object. This is the basis of oil painting itself.

Here is my first real oil painting. It's a drill called the "white cup drill." Wow, original. The idea is to paint a white cup with no drawing, only using the brush and paint.



This next one is a vase I tried at home to see if I could do it without help:



This last one I did on Christmas day because I was bored. I like it a lot, although I see where I need to improve. Did it because our Academy was not open this week so I wanted to practice myself.



I'm digging this beyond words. I have to be careful because I'm addicted. I came home tonight and fought with myself to keep from setting up my paints and painting something else. I'm off tomorrow so I'm thinking some painting will get done before I write with the Ranger and Madame H.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Boot!!!!! Your oils kick ass;)

Anonymous said...

Now why is it not surprising that Monica is cheering for the leather?

;0)