So, this week, I had two screenings of "Cinderella Drives A Pick-Up." Pictures are here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9afd3ld.6t6z7dn5&x=1&y=kyzr6a More photos to follow, thanks to Monica.
The first was at the Ark Theatre Company and so many people turned out to watch it. I was overwhelmed that not only did the cast and crew show up but so many other people I hadn’t really expected to come out. It was such a pleasure to look out and see all the love and support from the audience. And my mom came, which was – there just aren’t words for what it was. I had a speech prepared and did pretty good on it until I reached Chairman, then I lost it as I thought about everything he did for me during this production – giving me a room in his condo when my life got too crazy, his quiet support and respect, just his friendship seeing me through all the personal crap I was going through. I lost it even more in talking about my mother and my father. My father is too weak to make any of these screenings. I wish he could have been there. I wanted to finish this film before he leaves us and I wanted him to know that it was his spirit that I am so grateful I inherited. Even now, I am tearing up thinking about everything my parents have done so that I can live this amazing life I have.
Friday night, a more casual screening was held at Peter Ross’ cool apartment. Smaller group this time, maybe a dozen. But again, so pleased so many showed up and everyone could not have been more supportive. Showed a couple of blooper reels beforehand. Hung out on Peter’s roof until 2:30 in the morning.
What was so special about these screenings was how this film could have never been made in my previous life. I almost didn’t make it through my speech because when I think about how many people contributed to getting this film made, not just as cast and crew but as friends and support system, it is overwhelming. This film represents how far I have come professionally and personally, how much my new life is exactly the life I should be living. It represents a huge step forward for me and the true beginning of leaving so many things behind. It is the beginning of a career that scares the shit out of me and, at the same time, excites me to no end.
So, here’s a list of thank you’s, some of which you may have heard, some of which you may not have:
My girls – Patty, Monica and Zadra in particular, the women of the Ark in general and my other female friends as well – you all have inspired me and motivated me and blessed me with your grace and your support. You each have given me so much in being willing to come out and play when I need it. You are part of the female collective that usually are so bitchy and angry and competitive, but you are not. You are strong, powerful women who I am humbled to be in the presence of.
And my boys – Peter, AJ, Erin, Dave and those other men who also come out and play – you guys give me hope in the male of the species, you are all so giving and warm and can make me feel like a million with just a word. You each take my heart with you and you each have filled my heart on a regular basis.
The Ark Theater Company and Dick Tatum and Paul Wagar – my house and my home and my creative heart. I would not be where I am without a safe place to play and wondrous actors to play with.
Chris – there aren’t words.
Mom, Dad and Cindy – there would be no life to live without you. You are my inspiration and my gifts.
There will be many more projects (already have been) and much more of this brand new creative life to celebrate and share but this one project will always be special and pure to me.
Thank you. With all my heart.
1 comment:
You are amazing, my dear. Great screenings!!! I can't get the picture link to work right now, but I have them on my computer, so no worries.
Be proud of everything you've accomplished. You deserve it!!!!
Post a Comment