Saturday, December 23, 2006

And to all, a good night...

My dear friends and loyal readers:

As the year comes to a close and we all look behind us to see what we left behind, it seems that this is the perfect time to close this chapter of my life. This will be the last entry in this internet therapy couch as I find it is time for me to turn the focus inward as I move forward with my life. This space has been very therapeutic and the support and advice I’ve gotten invaluable. And that is not to say that I am through all the dark times and my midlife crisis. In fact, this is probably the darkest time I have had since this whole adventure began in June, 2005. But I find it time to turn my focus inward and really figure out how to sort through things on my own.

So, I’ll say good-bye with a little note to some of you (and forgive me if I miss you on this list):

Twyla: I have so appreciated your “cyberfriendship” and your comments through this time. Your blog has also inspired and moved me, with the stories of your beautiful children and Justin. I wish you all the peace and love you deserve with what you’ve gone through in such a short lifetime. Blessings on your beautiful family. I’ll keep my eye on you!

Naomi: I have shared your struggles and been in your shoes and am glad you found some inspiration and comfort with my words. I look forward to following your adventures as you endure the wonder that is “entertainment.” Please let me know if you should end up in LA. I’d love to have coffee with you and discuss OOMA’s.

Anonymous Lesbian – thanks for the offer and for giving me some of the biggest chuckles so far. I hope you find your dream girl… and I’m sorry it’s not me.

Erik – I don’t think I ever acknowledge how much you mean to me. Your support through your own difficult circumstances means the world to me. We’ve both been through so much. I hope this year finds us sharing better memories and better things.

Anna – I’m sure we will continue on this road together as we both try to piece together the puzzles that are our lives. I’m glad you’ve entered my life and I’m glad we’ve shared food, tears and successes together. I look forward to more!

Carlos – Because I know you still check in, let me say this. We’ve burst apart and shattered what we once shared but it’s important that you know I still carry some wonderful memories of you in my heart. You were very special to me for that time and I’ll never regret giving my friendship to you. I hope you have found the peace and the contentment you have been searching for. I only wish you joy and success, my friend.

Brewer – You are one of the biggest things I miss from my old life. You meant a lot to me and I miss your friendship terribly. I’m glad you chose to check in here from time to time and I’m glad you’ve let me have my say, without criticism and without judgment. I love you very much.

Monica – You are one of the biggest and best-est blessings in my life. We don’t need the internet to share and I am so glad you’ve found someone who adores you as much as you adore him. You are precious to me always.

Zadra – Where would I be without you? There aren’t words, my dearest friend, there just aren’t words.

Cindy – I’m sorry you won’t be able to follow my adventures here any more but maybe we’ll find a way to stay connected anyway. As much as we bang heads and as crazy as we can make each other, we will always be sisters and I will always love you for who you are.

A.J. – I miss you. I’m beside myself for your success. There will be a huge hole left when you jet off into the stratosphere and leave me behind. I adore you, but you know that already.

Mikee – Your evolution continues to move me and inspire me. I look forward to seeing who you become.

Peter – you are the little brother I never had. I’m glad you’ve moved through your darkness and are finding your way to what makes you light. Keep seeking, my darling, keep seeking.

Patty Jean – LG, Petunia, my birthday twin. I pass the mantle of living dangerously on to you. You have been amazing this year, I cannot wait to see what you become in 2007. You deserve love, you deserve success, you deserve everything you chase after, my sweetie.

Chairman – maybe you really don’t know what you mean to me and that’s just fine. You don’t have to. Wherever your path takes you, a piece of my heart will go with you, whether you know it or not. You are loved. By me.

And to those who I did not list, thank you for your comments, thoughts and support. I wish you joy, love and happiness through this holiday season and through the new year. Go and chase your hopes and dreams. Be brave

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say I'll miss you, but, well... I'll see you anyway. Yay!

-Patty

Anonymous said...

You are a phenomenal woman, and I am so blessed to have you in my life! I believe the year to come will bring you much joy and new adventures to live. You are much loved by all of us!

Twyla said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry to see you go. I have loved this blog from the moment I came here. You have inspired me also. Thanks to you, I bought my first guitar. :-) You are an amazing woman. I'm going to miss coming hear and reading your beautiful words. I wish you nothing but the best in life. :-)

Unknown said...

Wow - I'm very sorry to see you go too! Thank you so much for all the inspiration. I'll definitely let you know when I'll be in L.A. - probably through Bonnie, as I don't know any other way other than here. I am so hoping to come this spring. We can all go drink martinis with Uncle Dwight. :-)

Anyway, I hope you comment on my blog from time to time and keep in touch - and if you have a change of heart and ever feel like coming back to the blogosphere, I'll definitely be there to share the journey.

All the best!

Unknown said...

P.S. Keep thinking those Great Dane thoughts.

Twyla said...

Awww...I still miss coming here to read your thoughts. :-(