Sunday, January 26, 2014

What I said, what I meant

I said I miss you.

I think I was really just saying good-bye.

I don’t know if you heard me, either way.

But that’ll be the last time.

I won’t chase you.

I won’t bug you.

I won’t even try.

I’ll smile on the alternating Saturdays and I’ll hug you and I’ll be happy to see you.

But that’ll be it.

Because I miss you.

And I need to say good-bye.

Because.

And I’m glad I got to be with you once more. Just to be with you once more.

And I’m glad to I got to say I miss you. Because I do.

But…

I’ll live with that missing and those memories and all that we were, even though you tried for us not to be.

And…

I’ll always miss you.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

This guy doesn't deserve the boost to his pathetic ego your words regarding him provide. He lacked the responsible side of love when he ran from you in your most vulnerable time. Remember that, and not your idealized version of him. You will soon be glad you are rid of him, and will find another who is grown up and knows how to behave as such in love.