I learned to laugh even more than I ever have before.
I learned to be quiet without being afraid of not being heard.
I learned to be heard.
I learned to listen and accept.
I learned that I can be open and honest and not be punished for it.
I learned that someone I love can be gentle and kind and compassionate with me.
I learned that anger is not a normal part of a relationship.
I learned that I am worth something.
I learned how to just be with someone.
I learned to not write your story and to not try to figure out what you're going to do and do emotional algebra with every little thing.
I learned what true intimacy is by just laying in your arms.
I learned about passion. Boy, did I learn about passion. In everything.
I learned how to exist for right now, just in this second, in that moment with you. Every single moment.
I learned that I am good at... well... certain things.
I learned that I like being sexy and dressing like a girl and I learned I liked the way you looked at me when I dressed that way.
I learned to open my heart up again after so many years of being closed.
I learned that, while living in the moment with you was incredible, that I need a bit more.
I learned that I can make the choices I need to make when it comes to protecting myself.
I learned that I can break my own heart and survive.
I'm learning how to let you back into my life, without hope, without agenda.
I learned that I can be myself when I'm with someone, that I don't have to be anything but me. And that's enough.
I learned that when someone listens to me and cares about me and lets me be heard, I don't need to make as much noise.
I learned that there are beautiful, amazing, incredible men out there who don't use their love as a weapon.
The most important thing I learned is to let you go...
1 comment:
Thank you. He was very special.
Post a Comment