Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I didn't tell you

For a long time, on those Saturdays when you would bring your daughter into the studio, I started looking forward to seeing you. I would almost hold my breath, waiting. And you'd come in and smile and my day was made. And all those Saturdays of us talking afterward until I had to get on to the next class.

I never imagined I'd be with you. I always thought we would never be anything but a Saturday flirt. I never even hoped because I just never thought you would ask.

But then you did.

And everyone was so surprised because I never mentioned you. Because I never thought I'd be with you.

And your charming British friend took me by surprise when he said you'd wanted to ask me for a long time. So maybe those Saturdays were special for you, too.

It all seemed to happen so fast. You asked, we went, you kissed me in the yard and that was it.

And now, it's over just as fast.

And I'm gonna miss those days of waiting for you to come to the studio, when there was nothing but a whisper of something sweet.

Because I already miss just the whisper of you.

1 comment:

Jan Brown said...

A beautiful tribute to something very special.