I am firmly entrenched in my mid-life, no longer a crisis but still an on-going exploration. This blog has been running for almost seven years and has gone from an exploration of starting life over after an abusive marriage to facing 50 and breast cancer.
WARNING: Contains adult language, adult themes, openly sentimental feelings, and a way too honest depiction of my life. If you know me, if you're a friend, lover, colleague, companion, you'll show up in here eventually.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
You
My hand
On your back.
The gentle rhythm
Of your breathing.
You move closer,
Unaware of even doing it.
Fitting in the curve
Of your arm
In the groggy morning light,
Watching you think,
Plan,
Wake.
That moment
After
Where there's nothing
But being wrapped in you.
You.
Me.
Nothing else
In those moments
In between.
That's why I can't sleep.
You're not here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such a romantic, Susan. You have to be brave to have such a romantic soul. To do so means giving so much of yourself and being unafraid of expressing yourself from the very depths of your heart. I think of you so often. You are a wonderful, passionate woman.
Thank you, Belinda. Being a romantic is how my heart has been so broken so often. But it also makes sure that when I have someone amazing in my life, I get to feel every moment of it, like I am right now.
Post a Comment