Monday, June 20, 2011

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

I was dumb enough to believe you.

Because I always want to believe.

Because I want it t be so.

Because I wanted to believe you. That you were different. That you would stay.

I was dumb enough to believe you.

But you lied.

And you left.

The same way others have before.

You snuck away, not saying anything, leaving me standing there, wondering what the hell happened.

You said you’d always be in my life. That you treasured me and you treasured us and that nothing would change.

And I was dumb enough to believe you.

And I can’t say anything because you’ll deny it.

But you have changed. You’re gone. You’re polite and you’re nice but you flinch when I touch you and you barely answer my calls and you have found new muses that expect nothing from you so they’re safer than I am so you answer their siren call and leave me at the side.

I should know better.

I guess I do now.

So when you get back from your adventure, you’ll find me gone.

But what breaks my heart…

You won’t miss me a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mid-Life virgin, I enjoy reading your blog and would like permission to link or post some of your writings (with permission) from your blog to my china blog. Thanks...joe
http://generationexpatblog.com/

Midlife Virgin said...

Please feel free to link to the blog, as long as there is proper credit given. Glad you're enjoying it.

Aminah90 said...

whats odd is during mid life its a feeling he or she wont miss you....I found out alot later he missed me, only its way too late! :-)

Mushfiq Pavel said...

Hi MLV,

Nothing but to let you know that i have carefully noticed that i've become a regular reader of your blog.

Thanks and cheers.

Pavel